COVID-19 Pre-Procedure Patient Instructions
Dr. Rojas has ordered a pre-procedure/visit COVID-19 test. To prevent your dental appointment from being postponed, the COVID-19 test must be done 48 hours prior to your scheduled visit.
- We have partnered with LOOP Medical Center- Interventional Specialists to provide pre-procedure/visit COVID-19 testing.
- Testing hours of operation are: (Double check hours on website)
LOOP Medical Center- Interventional SpecialistsStreeterville Location
432 E Grand Ave, Suite C
Chicago, IL 60611South Loop Location
1921 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60616
- Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Phone number: 312-414-1088 (Same for both locations)
- To schedule your pre-procedure/visit COVID-19 test: You will need to go to the website https://loopmedicalcenter.com and select “Book Appointment.” This will allow you to schedule the test and conveniently get your results.
- You will need to bring your valid ID and/or SS card and any applicable insurance information. LOOP Medical Center can provide more information.
- You will receive your results via phone call/text and on your patient portal.
- The LOOP Medical Center will fax your results to our office.
- The LOOP Medical Center can review insurance coverage information for both insured and uninsured patients. We have been informed that there is no out of pocket cost to patients, whether you have insurance or not. Since we are not processing the test, we recommend you speak with LOOP Medical Center to confirm.
Important Information Regarding COVID-19 Testing
- If you test positive, you will be notified by LOOP Medical Center (via the portal, phone call and/or text) and our office will reach out to reschedule your appointment. If you have dental pain or swelling and a positive COVID-19 test, we will discuss treatment options via a teledentistry visit in order to make sure you are comfortable during this time.
- A negative COVID-19 test result will be relayed to you via LOOP Medical Center (portal, phone call and/or text). We will confirm with a call from our office when we review our pre-screening questionnaire.
- If you start to experience any of the below symptoms after you receive your COVID-19 test and prior to your visit, you are required to call the office to determine if we will be able to keep your dental appointment.
- Temperature: Fever greater than 100.4°.
- Respiratory Symptoms: New or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat.
- GI Symptoms: New onset of nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- New onset of loss of taste or smell.
- After your test, please return home. The expectation is that you isolate (remain at home) from the time of your COVID-19 test until your dental appointment.
- If you are unable to schedule your COVID-19 test at this time, we will have to reschedule your dental appointment.
Instructions After COVID-19 Testing
- Self-quarantine until your dental appointment.
- Do NOT travel out of home area (city/town).
- Avoid outings from home — leave ONLY for essential needs.
- Immediately report any new symptoms or suspected/known exposures to COVID-19 cases (call our office 312-266-9487).
- Maintain physical distancing (at least six feet).
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water (lather at least 20 seconds) or disinfect with alcohol-based hand sanitizer before eating, before touching face/mouth/eyes, and after touching shared objects or high touch surfaces.
- Regularly clean cell phones, door handles, light switches, faucets and toilet handles, bathrooms, and kitchen surfaces using household disinfectant or hot soapy water.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation at this time. We strive to uphold the highest safety standards for our patients and team.