In hopes of protecting the safety and well-being of our patients, Shoreline Dental Chicago has made specific upgrades to our office, recommended by CDC and OSHA guidelines for sterilization and disinfection protocols.
- We will be practicing staggered visits during our reopening phase: Only one patient will come in at a time. (This allows us to disinfect our office between visits.) These staggered visits will also generate lengthened appointment times and fewer patients per day, so please be patient with our scheduling.
- We will be regularly wiping down high-touch points (such as chairs and handles) between visits with an ultra-low fogger and non-toxic disinfectant that combats the COVID-19 virus.
- Our lobby has been rearranged to better accommodate social distancing.
- High-touch items like magazines, coffee stations, water and charging stations have been removed. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- We have no-touch hand sanitizer and soap dispensers stationed throughout the office.
- We have sneeze guards installed at the front desk.
- Our dentists and team will wear disposable masks and gloves to help prevent the spread of germs.
Before Your Appointment
Dr. Mollie Rojas and Dr. Sonal Patel require that patients must be tested for COVID-19 within 48 hours of your scheduled appointment. It you are unable to do so, we will require your dental visit be rescheduled. We have partnered with Loop Medical Center to provide these pre-procedure tests, which are offered at the following locations:
Streeterville Location: 432 E. Grand Avenue, Suite C, Chicago, IL 60611
South Loop Location: 1921 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60616
Testing Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Phone number (same for both locations): 312-414-1088
Go to Loop Medical Center’s website and click “Book Appointment” to schedule your test today.
You will need to bring a valid ID card and any applicable insurance information to the pre-procedure test. Loop Medical Center can review insurance coverage for both insured and uninsured patients. According to our knowledge, there are no out-of-pocket costs; however, we recommend that you confirm this with them. Once your results have come in, Loop Medical Center will send them to your patient portal, your phone via call or text or fax them to your office.
If you test positive, our office will automatically reach out to reschedule your appointment. If you test negative, we will review your results via a phone call with our pre-screening questionnaire. After the test, we ask that you isolate yourself and practice safe social distancing to limit potential exposure to COVID-19. If you start to feel symptoms after your test but before your appointment, you are required to contact us to reschedule. Symptoms include:
- A fever greater than 100.4 degrees
- New or worsening cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- An onset of nausea, diarrhea or vomiting.
During Your Appointment
When you call to confirm your visit, we will go through the pre-screening questionnaire. This will be done several times to ensure that your pre-procedure results and symptoms have not changed in the 48-hour time span since your test.
We ask that you brush your teeth and use mouthwash prior to coming. Once you are here, please follow our check-in protocol: call or text us that you have arrived and wait in your vehicle until you are called in. We ask that you come in alone and that any companions remain in your vehicle or in the lobby. Please bring limited items with you to your visit. You are required to wear a mask at all possible times, and we will offer hand sanitizer and check your temperature before escorting you to the exam room. Before your treatment, we will provide a pre-treatment rinse to wash your mouth with. If you need to use the restroom, please do so before going back to the exam room. The code for the ninth-floor women’s restroom is 7379; the men’s is 9737.
Feel free to call us at 312-266-9487 if you have any questions or concerns about scheduling your appointment or pre-procedure test. We want to make you as comfortable and safe as possible so you can receive the dental care in Chicago, Illinois, that you deserve.