Dental insurance can be confusing and may prevent many patients from getting the dental care in Chicago, Illinois, that they need. At Shoreline Dental Chicago, we are happy to answer any questions you may have about your insurance and how it works so that you receive maximum benefits.
Sometimes patients can get confused when dental practices say that they are “in-network” or “out-of-network” with dental insurance plans. When someone is “in-network,” it means that the dental practice and the insurance provider have a deal where the practice can charge the patient a small portion of the treatment costs. However, out-of-network costs still tend to be very reasonable. Shoreline Dental Chicago is currently not in-network with any provider, but that does not mean that we will not take your insurance. It all depends on the type of plan that you have:
- HMO Plans — these specific plans only cover dental practices that are in-network with the patients’ providers, requiring the dentist to provide referrals to those that are in that network.
- PPO Plans — these plans are more flexible between in-network and out-of-network. Luckily, we do accept all major PPO insurance providers!
Patients with dental insurance usually receive it through their employer, paying a certain amount a month from their paycheck in exchange for certain treatments covered. Most insurance plans cover 100% of the services below:
- Dental cleanings and exams for adults
- Dental cleanings and exams for children
- A second opinion evaluation
Other services are provided at a discounted cost.
If you are someone who is uninsured, do not worry! Our dentists and team offer a dental savings program where we provide in-office financing options that can suit your needs. Simply pay a certain amount to cover a variety of treatments over a set period of months to a year. We also work with CareCredit® financing: a third-party group that helps cover medical costs for uninsured patients.
Give us a call at 312-266-9487 if you have any questions about your financial options so that you can receive maximum benefits for your care with Dr. Mollie Rojas or Dr. Sonal Patel.